Our Business is Focused on Innovation
For 25 years, Atrium has been co-managing strategic venture funds on an outsourced basis for Global 1000 corporations. We also provide a variety of retainer-based services to corporations that want to leverage our expertise and network without committing to a dedicated fund managed by Atrium.
Dedicated Corporate Venture Funds
- Outsourced venture capital programs tailored to each corporation's specific objectives in multiple industry segments. The corporate partner has a dedicated fund with strategic investments only and remains an active participant in the fund.
- Atrium works closely with the corporate partner's executives and internal venture staff to coordinate and refine strategy.
- Corporate partner executives can sit on the boards of portfolio companies.
- Atrium manages the process to pursue strategic objectives and achieve attractive IRRs.
- Targeted technology sourcing. Based on specific requirements of each corporate partner, Atrium provides search and discovery of relevant technology breakthroughs among venture-backed companies, universities and national labs and provides introductions to selected companies and projects. Additionally, Atrium assists in development and execution of joint development partnerships, licensing, joint ventures or other appropriate technology acquisition structures.
- Due diligence and portfolio management. Atrium executes technology, management, financial and legal assessment of prospective and existing portfolio companies and strategic partners. Atrium also offers ongoing management of portfolio investments, provides introductions to and builds relationships with complementary financial and strategic investors and researches and analyzes new business initiatives under consideration by the corporate client.
- Technology spin-outs. Atrium structures and advises on spin-outs of technology businesses and other IP monetization strategies of our corporate partners.